Shillong | Oct 28, 2018:
In a show of sportsmanship, the Chief Minister of Meghalaya, Conrad K Sangma along with his cabinet ministers on Sunday conquered the football field in JN Stadium, Shillong during the exhibition match against Young Leaders Connect (YLC) XI.
Govt to build infrastructure for Natl. Games in existing Govt. land to avoid additional financial burden
The Chief Minister along with Sports and Youth Affairs Minister, Banteidor Lyngdoh had left for Delhi to approach various Ministries of the Union Government to help the State in the allocation of funds for the preparation of the infrastructure of the National Games.
By Our Reporter | Shillong, Oct 15, 2018:
Taking into account the financial crisis in the State, Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma said that they are looking to build the infrastructure for the National Games in the existing Government land which are available in and around Shillong city.
National Games Stadium to be constructed in New Shillong Township; Centre sanctions Rs 300 cr for project
- Meghalaya gets Rs 300 crore from Union Ministry of Social Justice to construct the National Games stadium at the New Shillong Township
- Government has already identified the lands for setting up of National Games Stadium and Games Villages
- Dy CM informs that the process of engaging consultants, architects and the CEO of the National Games will be over by November 15
By Our Reporter | Shillong, Oct 10, 2018:
In a bid to improve the sports infrastructure in Meghalaya in view of the 2022 National Games, the Union Ministry of Social Justice has sanctioned a total amount of Rs 300 crore for the construction of the National Games stadium at the New Shillong Township.
- Meghalaya Gymnastic Association revived in state
- Association aims to foster the discipline at all level
- With National Games 2022 coming up, State hopes to make a mark in this discipline
Shillong, Oct 02, 2018:
The Meghalaya Gymnastic Association was revived and revamped with an objective to train and prepare athletes in view of the upcoming National Games 2022.
- After Guwahati, John Abraham has his eyes fixed on Shillong
- NEUFC Owner looks forward to set up Football Academy in Meghalaya’s capital city
- Identification of land to set up Academy under process with the help of the Meghalaya Government
By Our Reporter | Shillong, Oct 01, 2018:
North East United FC owner and Bollywood actor, John Abraham on Monday has expressed keenness to set up a World Class Football Academy in the capital city of Shillong.