SHARE

SHILLONG | Dec 07:

In a major fire incident, a godown at Khlieh Iewduh near MUDA parking lot in Shillong was completely gutted on Saturday afternoon.

Police informed that there was no casualty in the fire incident. When enquired about the cause for the fire, police said that they are yet to ascertain the actual cause; they, however, suspect that the fire must have spread from a nearby place where people were burning garbage near the building.

According to police, more than seven fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the fire.

ALSO READ | Church Fire incident: Former student writes heart-rending letter to (L) T Basaiawmoit

“The fire service personnel took nearly three hours to completely douse the fire,” police said. The people who witness the fire incident said that it was due to the quick response on the part of the police and fire service personnel that the fire was prevented from spreading to the nearby shops and godowns.

In another incident, a fire broke out at the godown of the bonded ware house of one Meghna Marak at Rilbong on Friday late night.

The fire was first witnessed by the workers of the bonded warehouse. Two fire tenders were pressed to the spot to douse the fire. Marak said that the total damages from the fire incident would be around Rs 1 crore.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here