SHILLONG | Dec 20, 2018:
The Meghalaya Government on Thursday announced the dates for the ADC elections to the Khasi and Jaintia Hills Autonomous District Councils.
Deputy Chief Minister, Prestone Tynsong today informed that the State Cabinet has approved the proposal submitted by the District Council Affairs department to hold the elections on Feb 27 and counting on March 2, 2019.
Here’s all you need to know about the KHADC and JHADC elections 2019
- Draft electoral role (date of publication) on 12 Jan 2019
- Last date for filing claims and objections on 22 Jan 2019
- Disposal of claims and objections on 26 Jan 2019
- Final publication of electoral roll on 30 Jan 2019
- Date of Notification on 2 Feb 2019
- Last date for filing nomination on 7 Feb 2019
- Date of scrutiny on 8 Feb 2019
- Last date of withdrawal on 9 Feb 2019
- Date of polling on 27 Feb 2019
- Counting on 2 March 2019
Addressing media persons after the cabinet meeting here today, Tynsong informed that the model code of conduct will be effective from the day the notification date is announced which is Feb 2.
He also stated that since the model code of conduct is nowhere mentioned in the 6th Schedule, the government will enforce the code of conduct as per State’s rules.
“By enforcing the model code of conduct, we hope that it will be in the best interest of everyone and will gain the confidence of everyone,” Tynsong said.