SHARE

TURA | Feb 28, 2019:

As many as 12 shops were reduced to ashes in a fire which was allegedly caused due to a short circuit this morning in the coal rich village of Jadi near Nongalbibra in South Garo Hills.

The fire, which took place at about 1 am this morning, Feb 28, was quickly doused by fire tenders which ensured the fire did not cause further damage to surrounding areas.

Meghalaya: Timeline finalised for construction of new Assembly building

Fire engines from Nongabibra in SGH with assistance from Williamnagar in EGH were quickly pressed into service and quickly doused the fire.

Meghalaya gets first ever ISBT in Tura

There was no reported loss of life though a complete estimate of monetary loss is yet to be made, confirmed the superintendent of police, SGH, Abraham T Sangma.


 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here