SHILLONG | Jan 24:
With a view to ease traffic congestion in the city, the Shillong Traffic Police has made several changes in the traffic movement and arrangements.
The road of Police Bazaar connecting Umsohsun Junction and Sadar Thana Road is going to be opened for vehicular traffic in a trial basis w.e.f. 27th January, 2020 with a view to ease congestion on the G. S. Road. All motorists residing in Umsohsun, Wahingdoh and adjoining areas are advised to use this road. Only Light Motor Vehicles (LMV) will be allowed to ply in the noted road and will be regulated in the following manner:
1. All LMVs will enter from Khyndailad Junction.
2. Vehicles can either exit through Umsohsun junction towards Umsohsun road and G. S. Road or from Sadar Thana Road.
3. “No Entry” from Sadar Thana junction towards Alpine Hotel – Police Bazaar and from Umsohsun junction towards Dreamland – Police Bazaar Road.
4. The entire stretch of Police Bazaar Road will function as “One Way” only.
5. “No Entry” for all kind of vehicles from G. S. Road, Umsohsun junction towards Umsohsun Road.
6. Parking of vehicles is strictly prohibited in the entire stretch of the road. Any violation will entail penalties as per law.